How to Control Your Anger & Frustration?
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Do you snapped at your spouse or children over the slightest matter?
Do people avoid you because of your ill-temper?
Have you ever gotten passed over for a promotion because you have difficulty managing your anger?
Are you afraid that one day you may physically hurt your partner, children, or anyone unfortunate enough to be around you during one of your outburst?
Are you looking for help to control your anger before it ruins your life?
Anger is an energy-draining, health-injurious, strong feeling of displeasure and belligerence. It destroys relationships, careers, lives, and even entire nation. It’s no wonder that we need to learn to tame this fiery wild beast.
What Causes Us to Get Angry Anyway?
Anybody can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way – that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy.
The following listed some common causes that may provoke an angry response:
- perceived to be unjustly accused or unfairly treated
- having unrealistic expectations of oneself and/or of others
- believe that someone or something is preventing us from getting what we want
- believe that something either should or should not be happening the way it is
- irrational perception of reality (“It has to be done my way”)
- having a low tolerance for frustration (“It’s my way or no way”)
The first step in learning to control our anger is to develop self-awareness. When you enroll in our unique Anger Management program, you will:
- work closely with our therapist to examine the cognitive, affective, and behavioral aspects of your anger and frustration, bringing to light any hidden issue(s) to your conscious awareness.
- learn anger management techniques to supersede any dysfunctional process or habit with one that is more reasonable, realistic, and adaptive.
- acquire anger management skills to actively and effortlessly maintain level-headedness as you encounter life’s inevitable, trying times.
Imagine being able to keep a professional demeanor, and a clear and sharp mind while others get swept away by chaos.
When you tame the fiery beast called anger, when you grasp the reality that you can choose calmness over frustration, tranquility over rage, serenity over anger, infinite promising possibilities present themselves.
If you need help controlling your anger, if you want to stop anger from ruining your life, contact us now.
It is impossible for you to be angry and laugh at the same time. Anger and laughter are mutually exclusive and you have the power to choose either.
– Wayne Dyer