Happiness and Fulfillment in a Nutshell
- “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.”
- “Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
- “The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”
- “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.”
- “Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I’ve always believed that if you took one tenth the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you’d be surprised by how well things can work out.”
- “When we’re connected to others, we become better people.”
- “Complaining does not work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won’t make us happier.”
- “Go out and do for others what somebody did for you.”
- “No matter how bad things are, you can always make things worse. At the same time, it is often within your power to make them better.”
Let us not look down upon the feeble, flickering light of an insignificant candle for it can dispel the impenetrable cloak of darkness of a thousand years.
Next time you feel melancholic. When your world seems all dark and gloomy. Think of Randy Pausch and “The Last Lecture”. Know that it is humanly possible for your life to be brighter, happier, and more fulfilling. You simply have to decide to be.